[mythtv-users] Remote Remote GH

Chase Douglas chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 19:58:06 UTC 2008

On Jul 28, 2008, at 10:01 AM, Josh wrote:

> On Jul 28, 2008, at 8:55 AM, Chase Douglas
> <chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 27, 2008, at 10:31 PM, Josh wrote:

>>> Thanks, you were right, all I had to do was enable network control
>>> where you indicated. It now works.
>>>
>>> It would be nice if the app had a way of storing frontend ip
>>> addresses
>>> so you could quickly switch without manually entering numbers.  It
>>> would definitely help with the W.A.F.  Perhaps a later version of
>>> the
>>> app will include that.
>>
>> If you are interested in an iPhone / iPod Touch MythTV remote that
>> will keep track of backends and frontends, try out MyMote. It also
>> automatically finds your backends and frontends through UPnP. You can
>> get more information at http://trac2.assembla.com/mymote/wiki.
>>
>> P.S.: In the interest of full disclosure, I am the developer for
>> MyMote.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Thanks, I'll check it out when it appears in the app store.  It sucks,
> but I'd really rather avoid jailbreaking at this point.

Just so you know, you don't need to jailbreak your iPhone to install
MyMote. I am currently using Ad Hoc distribution which is an Apple
provided legitimate distribution method. It's more cumbersome because
you must e-mail the device ID to the developer and they must recompile
the app to include the device, but I am happy to do so and have
provisioned about 20 devices for people now. I've got it all detailed
at http://trac2.assembla.com/mymote/wiki.

Having said that, if anyone has a jailbroken device they can install
it without MyMote needing to be provisioned for them.

Thanks,
Chase