[mythtv-users] SEEKTABLE don't work when importing mpeg files in MythTv ?

Anders Pedersen anp at post4.tele.dk
Tue Jul 29 14:39:00 UTC 2008

SEEKTABLE don't work when importing mpeg files in MythTv ?

Hi

I need som help to look in the right direction.
This has been working in earleyer versions. I am using mythtv version
0.21 (RPM install).

The job is to import a mpeg file and then create the cut-list and burn a
DVD.

I import like this:
cd /video/mythtv/recordings/
myth.rebuilddatabase.pl --dir /video/mythtv/recordings/ --ext mpeg

answer YES for making the seek tabel.

Afterwards the new file is in the database and I can watch it. But when
I tray to edit it says: "No SeekTable".

Then I do this:
mythcommflag --rebuild --file 1000_20080720113000.mpeg

Now it seems like a record in the seektable is created. I can edit the
file, but when using the arrow buttons to move, it jumps backword and
forward in "cracy" intervales. That way it is imposible to create the
cut-list.

Then when creating the DVD with mytharchive the pictures for the
chapters is "missing".

Please, where to look for having a good seektable record for files
imported ?

Regards
Anders