[mythtv-users] automatic mythfilldatabase not adding any new days

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Jul 30 00:38:05 UTC 2008

David Watkins wrote:
> It doesn't seem very likely that this issue is still around, since it
> was fixed a year ago, but for me it produced the symptoms you're
> seeing so I thought I'd mention it.
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tv.xmltv.devel/7677

We may have 2 different problems, or not. I suspect that it is a problem
with mfdb. And it is still around.

I can run mythfilldatabase in a terminal, and it finishes properly. If
run by the internal 'cron' settings, it fails.

Unfortunately, there are no useful entries in the mfdb log.

I am presently set up to test using an external cron, to see if that
makes any difference, but it will take 24 or 48 hours to tell.

Geoff