[mythtv-users] Booohooohoooo......

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 07:33:13 UTC 2008

> I have also seen more trouble with external units than with internal
> ones. I
> have often wondered if they intentionally put crappier drives in the
> external
> units, but I guess that's just my paranoia creeping in.

No paranoia. Quite often they do exactly this. You'll note that you
can also find external drives a lot cheaper than internals
(sometimes). Usually, if they have a surplus of a drive that they
can't get rid of (nobody wants a 8mb cache on a 500gb drive) they put
those into enclosures and sell them off.