[mythtv-users] stuttering problem (doubling video frame interval to slow down)

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 15:16:46 UTC 2008

2008/7/31 Bryan Murphy <bmurphy1976 at gmail.com>:
> I made no changes to the playback settings (or timestretch), I simply
> restarted mythfrontend and immediately played the video.
> Is this the problem?  Why would the stretch factor be getting set to this
> value?

It may just be the symptom rather than the cause.

> I grabbed a log of the MythTV output playing a video that does not exhibit
> this problem and you can view it by clicking the link below.  After looking
> through the log, I do not see the stretch factor/changing speed messages.
> http://pastebin.com/f16e2a371

Apart from the obvious video differences (1080i vs 720p), the other
differences coming out of the logs are osd and sound. Although I can't
see it being an issue, can you turn off the chromakey osd for the
720p(broken) video source.

Other than that, I'd be willing to bet it's a sound issue. What
happens if you disable the sound? (try setting the sound device to
something bogus)

Any chance you can upload a short clip somewhere?

Regards

Mark