[mythtv-users] Myth thinks capture cards are gone due to invalid SQL query

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jun 1 17:19:55 UTC 2008

On 06/01/2008 01:09 PM, Doug Meredith wrote:

> This morning my backend died when I tried to go into live TV. The log
> shows a failed query of the table “cardinput” because a column
> “childcardid” does not exist.
>
> When I restart the backend it tells me (in the log) that there are no
> valid tuner cards, so I ran mythtv-setup and pick capture cards. The
> console shows a failed query of table “capturecard” because column
> “parented” does not exist
>
> There are no errors in either the Linux message file or the MySQL log
> file.
>
> It looks as if the Myth software is out of sync with the database
> schema, but I don’t see how this could be possible. I haven’t upgraded
> the software (0.20.2) in months and nobody else would have done so.
> All of the Myth executables are dated 2007. I’ve searched both google
> and gossamer threads without any luck. Any help would be very much
> appreciated.

0.20.2 had parentid and childcardid, so rather than someone upgrading
you past 0.20.2, it sounds like you're now running some downgraded version.

More likely, though, is your DB is corrupt.

Run optimize_mythdb.pl (from contrib). After that, if it still doesn't
work, try the Delete all capture cards thing (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 ).

Mike