[mythtv-users] HD-PVR. Anyone received one yet?

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Mon Jun 2 17:30:49 UTC 2008

On Monday 02 June 2008 18:10:26 Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> I see that some SageTV users are now receiving and using the new
> Hauppauge HD-PVR 1212 device.
> I am just curious if any Myth Users have received one yet?

Yes, I've received a prototype 6 weeks ago and have been working on the
driver since then. I think I gave enough hint on this mailing list.

> I know it
> is not supported yet, but I would be interested to know what the
> device looks like on the USB bus and such.

it uses bulk and control messages and requires a challenge response
authentification. See http://www.grunau.be/riddle.txt if you want to
help. The first two hex values are the challenge, the second two the
response. The algorithm doesn't look well thought: byte 4 and seven of
the response are always the same and up to 16 bits don't change the
response if they are toggle.

I'll clean the current driver up tonight and make it available. It's not
useless since the device still works after init under windows as long
as it stays powered.

Janne