[mythtv-users] Shaking video output after 0.21 upgrade.

Arvid Torset arvtor at broadpark.no
Mon Jun 2 20:09:44 UTC 2008

Hi.

I still see the same problems with the live tv, the video is quite stable in
recording view right now.

For me the problem seems to be in the "save live feed" procedure. Perhaps
too large chunk is stored at the same time.

I upgrade MythTV software on a regular basis, on latest stable debian, and
0.21.stable SVN version.
2.6.25.4 vanilla kernel. Using limits.conf for RT capabilities.

Do you use RT capabilities?

Regs arvid

2008/5/14 Bruce Richardson <itsbruce at workshy.org>:

> On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 09:45:05AM +0100, arvtor wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem with the live TV (and recordings too) after the 0.21
> > upgrade. The video seems to shake once in a while, and also stutter some
> > times, and when I use the OSD with BOB, you can see how the OSD is
> > distorted, and not in "sync".
> >
> > In 0.20, I could watch live TV for hours without a single distortion, on
> > my Dell PIII 733MHz, with Soundblaster Live, GeForce 256 and pvr150(yes
> > I know, very low end system, I build it as a test a couple of years ago,
> > and it has served well!)
>
> I had the same problem when I upgraded to 0.21 (just this evening.)  I
> fixed it by changing the playback profile (new feature in 0.21) from
> CPU+ to CPU-.
>
> --
> Bruce

Hmmm,
I am having the same problems, stutter and what appears to be low
frame rate of recording playback. Not really noticed on live tv as I
don't operate it like this much.
It's got to the stage where the wife is not interested in watching
recordings on myth because as she says: "its all shaky and stuttery!"
At times the audio seems to slip a little too, which gets very
difficult to watch.
With 0.20 I did not notice this at all. I'm running 0.21 on Ubuntu
7.10 with an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, 1gb ram.

mike at myth1:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 15
model : 47
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
stepping : 2
cpu MHz : 1000.000
cache size : 512 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm
3dnowext 3dnow up pni lahf_lm ts fid vid ttp tm stc
bogomips : 2011.08
clflush size : 64

mike at myth1:~$ free
Mem:       1035636     966476      69160          0       7768     690236
-/+ buffers/cache:     268472     767164
Swap:      4096564      34852    4061712
mike at myth1:~$

mike at myth1:~$ uname -a
Linux myth1 2.6.22-14-generic #1 SMP Tue Feb 12 07:42:25 UTC 2008 i686
GNU/Linux
mike at myth1:~$

Any pointers on what might be causing this would be very welcome I can
tell you! :)
Thanks
Mike