[mythtv-users] hd homerun and STB

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 02:58:09 UTC 2008

> So the question I've had is how do I determine what unencrypted QAM
> channels my cable provider (Comcast) is providing on my network
> without first purchasing something like an HDHR?

Do you have a TV with a digital tuner? You will usually get the same
channels with a capture card as you get on your digital tv. And this
most likely does not matter if you paid for a digital package or not
as most subscribers will get the same feed with most channels
encrypted and the channel lineups handled inside the cable box.

John