[mythtv-users] Firewire and F8

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 3 11:10:06 UTC 2008

> What happens when you go to live TV and select the firewire tuner?
> Select a channel in the lower ranges to start with.  There are
> channels that will not be available under the firewire connection.
>
> Mine (DCT-6200) automatically changes the channel over the firewire as
> well, no scripts involved.

When I try to tune to a channel that I know is available only over
firewire, my STB resets (DCT-3412), almost as if I pulled the plug and
re-plugged it in.  Goes down hard.  I am running my frontend via an SSH
session since my main DLP TV is down, so I don't know if that has
anything to do with it.  I also can't tune the other 2 tuners either,
both the analog portion of my pcHD5500 (shows snow) and the digital DVB
portion (shows a blank screen).

Harry