[mythtv-users] ignyte replacement script that fetches from Google Movies for mythmovies

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 12:39:21 UTC 2008

> Thats strange, works here. Although it is just cobbled together, errors
> would not surprise me.
>
> Can you send me an example Australian zip code so I can try it, maybe
> there is some difference in page layout.

I think I've found the source of the problem. Even from the command
line I am getting some errors right at the beginning of the output
before any XML is returned which I hadn't seen before. The errors seem
to correspond to items which don't have a movie name and these start
once you've reached the end of the page and there are subsequent pages
with movies on them.

If you go to http://www.google.com.au/movies?hl=en&near=2100&date=1&sort=3
you will see that movie listings span 4 pages. Should the script be
able to handle that? Do you know if it's possible to tell Google to
return the results for all the pages in one go?

Regards,
Phill