[mythtv-users] Is this a good system spec?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 13:35:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Allen Edwards
<allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:08 PM, Justin The Cynical
> <cynical at penguinness.org> wrote:
>>
>> Allen Edwards wrote:
>>
>> *snip*
>>
>> > ASUS P1-AH2 AMD Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 2 x 240Pin GeForce 6150
>> > Barebone - Retail
>>
>> Why do these companies insist on putting the digital out in such brain
>> dead places?  Come on, in front of the case??
>
> Justin,
>
> Thanks for pointing that out.  That was just the kind of feedback I was
> looking for -- some deal killer I overlooked.  Having the front cover open
> and the optical coming out of it is not what I am looking for.  Now I have
> to start over.  Oh well.
>

> What do people use for a simple system like I have outlined that does not
> require cabling in the front?
>
> Allen

why not get a Mac Mini? HDMI output, Optical output, small, fast Core
2 Duo processor, remote control, etc.

the mac rumor mill says they're due for an update soon, so it may make
sense to wait a bit to see if that happens, but if this is something
you want right away theres nothing wrong with the current crop (just
the price should come down some). I'd get a refurb unit through the
apple store as you can save a bit of money doing that.

--
Steve