[mythtv-users] HD-PVR. Anyone received one yet?

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 18:23:36 UTC 2008

> > Your current dual core might just start to work.
>
> Yes, but perhaps you've forgotten that I want the ability to do
> timestretching too.  If my current X2 4200+ can't handle the half rate
> sample, I doubt it could timestretch much over 1.0x even with
> multithreaded decoding.
>
> David
> --

I hope we can get the requirements down to a reasonable spec.  Either
through video card drivers (Long shot) or ffmpeg optimization.   I bought a
X2 5200 2.7Ghz thinking it would do anything in 2d video I would ever need.

One possibility depending on driver support is the reduce the bitrate to
make decoding easier but then sacrificing quality.

Mitchell