[mythtv-users] Is this a good system spec?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 19:53:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:08 AM, Justin The Cynical
<cynical at penguinness.org> wrote:
> Allen Edwards wrote:
*SNIP*

>> AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.4GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W
>> Dual-Core Processor - Retail
>
> About the minimum CPU for watching OTA ATSC HD programmes without
> needing XvMC.  If it's not too expensive, faster doesn't hurt.

I have to disagree here. I'm using a Sempron 3000+ (1.8GHz) without
XvMC and it plays back 720p fine and only occasionally pauses doing
1080i. However, It's probably worth noting that I'm running x86_64
which appears to make a significant difference...

*SNIP*

Richard