[mythtv-users] can't get dvd sound and mythmusic won't play

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Jun 3 21:49:07 UTC 2008

Hello all,

My dvd's play very nicely, except there is no sound.

I have tried checking the little box in the mythtv setup for allowing the
dts to spdif passthrough, but it still has no sound. My sound card is an
intel ich7 and i use an optical audio cable that goes into my soundcard.

Regular tv and recordings and etc all work fine.

In mythmusic, i get this error box when it opens up:

MythMusic has encountered the following error:
DecoderMAD: Failed to open input.
Error 5.

Are these related? And what can i do to fix them?

-Thanks
-Steve