[mythtv-users] can't get dvd sound and mythmusic won't play

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 23:20:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics <
steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:

> My dvd's play very nicely, except there is no sound.
>
> .... In mythmusic, i get this error box when it opens up:
>
> MythMusic has encountered the following error:
> DecoderMAD: Failed to open input.
> Error 5.

I can't help with the first - but I had the second error on a remote
frontend that was mounting the directory that held the music via nfs, but
didn't have proper read permissions.  If it's a FE, check that the path is
the same on the frontend and backend, and you can read the files (outside
myth)