[mythtv-users] Sanity check on HTPC spec

Mike Beeson michaelbeeson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 11:28:44 UTC 2008

Hi all,

This is my first post to this list, so first of all a big hello to everyone!

I just wanted to get a sanity check on some components I am putting together
for a new HTPC for my living room. The aim of this box is to have twin DVB-S
tuners which will work with a feed from a quad LMB installed on my existing
Sky mini-dish (left over from previous house owner). (one of the others goes
to my existing sky box)

Firstly, I am planning to use two Technotrend S-2400 USB2 tuners. Will this
be compatible with linux and will this work with MythTV? My aim is to use
these tuners to record or play from either (or both) tuner for the HD
freesat service.

Secondly and slightly off topic, the mini-dish currently has a single LMB on
it (standard Sky unit). I will be changing this to a quad LMB. Apart from
just more wiring, what should I expect in terms of installation. Is this a
straightforward swap?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike.