[mythtv-users] System freezes on boot - Need advice

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 13:32:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:50 PM, steve <sfreilly at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> you probably already checked this, but, anything interesting in the
> messages or boot log?

It is worth a check tonight, but I wouldn't expect anything since, by
the time the system is booting, everything is always working fine.

Unfortunately, May has been a *very* busy month and I won't be able to
work on anything for the next two weeks, so I'm thankful that we're in
re-run season and I might be able to limp along until I have time to
deal with this more intently.

At least I have dumps of /, /boot, and /var now.  I ran into problems
trying to get the .mpg files to tape.  I don't know if I'll be able to
make the time to tar subsets up that will fit on single tapes and spin
them out to my DLT drive.

That brings up an OT question:  Will DLT drive data compression do any
good on the .mpg files?  FWIW, the .mpg files were created by Myth
recording from my PVR-500 without doing any transcoding, so I believe
they are MPG2 files.

Craig.