[mythtv-users] Could realtime commercial flagging cause hard lockup/freeze/hang?

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 13:42:22 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:02 PM, finlay <finlay at moeraki.com> wrote:

>  I had something similar happen to my system recently while using
> realtime commflag. After much futzing around with hardware I finally
> realized that the OS seemed to be the problem. I had upgraded the system
> from Ubuntu 710 to 804 a few weeks before and everything seemed OK but
> then the problems started - system lockup when recording and
> commflagging but working fine otherwise. I finally installed a clean
> version of Mythbuntu 804 and everything has been working great for the
> last 2 weeks.
> John

I usually do a debian aptitude upgrade about every two months or so but I
haven't done it for about three-four months now because I ran into this
issue.  It was working with all the debian stuff static for several weeks.
I have been using this OS installation since June 2006 with periodic updates
using apt.  I'd hate to try something as drastic as a fresh installation of
linux when it could be something much simpler.  I really wish that something
would show up in the logs.