[mythtv-users] System freezes on boot - Need advice

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 23:31:06 UTC 2008

Solved!

Over the course of the last couple of weeks when I could find a minute
to mess with the system, I have had it open and closed several times
and moved up on the desk and down on the floor.  It would work better
with the side off and on top of the desk for unknown reasons.  When I
got home today, I had it up on the desk with the side off and while
booting I was checking the power connections for security when I
brushed against the IDE cable and it immediately went spastic on me.
I wiggled it on purpose and could tell it was intermittent.  Guess I
had plugged and unplugged the cable too many times.  I swapped it out
for another IDE cable I had (brand new in a plastic bag) and it has
been working fine so far.  Hopefully that is the end of it... Not that
I won't eventually get the storage expanded and the power supply
replaced ;-).

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

Craig.