[mythtv-users] Is this a good system spec?

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Thu Jun 5 05:46:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:08 PM, Justin The Cynical
<cynical at penguinness.org> wrote:
> Allen Edwards wrote:
>
> *snip*
>
>> ASUS P1-AH2 AMD Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 2 x 240Pin GeForce 6150
>> Barebone - Retail
>
> Why do these companies insist on putting the digital out in such brain
> dead places?  Come on, in front of the case??

I have spent probably 5+  hours looking for a MB that well meet my
spec.  I have looked in detail at every MB Asus has.  I called their
tech support person.  I looked at what mwave has and most of what
newegg has.  I am at witts end again.

Anyone know of a MB that does this:
1) AMD AM2 micro ATX
2) DVI
3) S-video
4) S/PDIF
5) L+R Audio (that one is easy).
6) Will run XvMC

Gigabit has one that will do 1-5 but it has an ATI card and the MythTV
Wiki says ATI cards are not recommended so that kills that one.

Can anyone help me?  My old but like new high end TV only has S-Video
inputs and my AV/Pre-Processor (S/PDIF) has a DVI switch in it and I
have a large DVI cable installed and to drive my HDMI projector.

The above ASUS Barebones would be great except for the S\PDIF input in
the front.  I can't find a stand alone MB to replace it. HELP-PLEASE.

Allen