[mythtv-users] Making a monitor sleep using a shell script?

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 13:33:10 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've got two monitors (one for desktop use, one for mythtv), running using
Twinview. I have gnome-screensaver and gnome power manager running so after
5 minutes of inactivity the screensaver will run, and after 15 minutes the
displays will sleep.

I was wondering, is it possible to write a shell script that would be able
to make the desktop monitor sleep whenever its run? For example, I could
either have it as a MythTV EXEC menu or on a LIRC command. Is it possible to
control the two screens independently or would they both have to sleep?

Thanks,

Jonny