[mythtv-users] VGA to S-video adapters, do they work?

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Thu Jun 5 19:02:32 UTC 2008

I am switching my frontend over to some new hardware that a friend donated
to me. I had planned on just switching my FX5200 from my old frontend into
the new system. Unfortunately, it is an AGP card and the new system is PCI
only. The Mrs. would rather I not spend anymore money or time on this
project at the moment. So I would like to just get a VGA to S-Video adapter
(like this http://www.computercasesandcables.com/ccc/CV-25120.html) and use
it with the intel integrated graphics. Does anybody have any experience
getting one of these to work? Am I just going to have to buy another card?