[mythtv-users] UK DVB-T Duplicates usually on Dave, Sky3 etc... how to remove?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 13:20:22 UTC 2008

On 06/06/2008, Mike Holden <mythtv at mikeholden.org> wrote:
> There are 2 settings in the duplicate matching option, one is episode &
>  description, the other is episode then description. If the program doesn't
>  have an episode title, make sure you use the latter of the 2 options (i.e
>  episode THEN description), otherwise all episodes match.
>
>  I'm not sure if this is a bug. My view is that if there is no episode
>  title, then both options should match duplicates based on the description
>  only, but I didn't write the code :-)

I find that since the introduction of 'subtitle then desc' I choose
that option almost all of the time, just in case a subtitle is
missing. I very rarely see repeats scheduled to record (usually due to
a different description). The EIT data can also use the programme ID
broadcast in the stream (if available) which offers yet more dupe
detection.

I mostly use the Radio Times data (no surprise there...) which I find
very consistent, with RT-reviewed programmes having the reviewer's
write-up the first time they're shown, later showings having the stock
description. Non-reviewed series tend to have consistent
episode/description information each time they're in the listings.

The quality of data from different providers across the world will be
different, so I think the ability to choose which detection strategy
to use and have it applied by default to all future schedules might be
a good thing. Therefore, if no-one beats me to it, I'll be adding a
mythfrontend config option to allow a user to choose the default
dupe-detection policy

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: