[mythtv-users] Xbox DVD remote

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 08:34:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 12:43 PM, John Baab <john.baab at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it still slow as can be?  In 0.20 menu navigation and timeshifting
> on the xbox was just too slow to be usable.  The last I saw there was
> some added MythTV functionally being built into xbmc though (not via
> the python addon).

I'm using 0.21 on an etch-upgraded XBox as we speak.  Menu navigation
is sluggish, but tolerable.  Average < 1 sec delay for most menus,
some can be as bad as 7 to 10 seconds.  However, navigating through
the list of recordings is sluggish; possibly aided by the fact that my
remote doesn't have PgUp/PgDn mapped to any keys, and I have lots of
recordings.

Also, there's about a 15 to 20 second delay when you select a
recording and it actually starts playing.  Once it gets going,
everything's fine.   This is not a problem for me, as long as I didn't
choose the wrong recording.

Generally don't use timeshifting, because I like the commercials to be
flagged before I start watching a recording.  But there has been a few
times I watched it without any problems whatsoever.

The biggest snag for me is watching with timestretch turned on at
1.5X.  You do get the occasional audio stutter, about once every 20 to
30 seconds, so I've used it a lot less than with 0.20.2.  1.4X seems
okay.