[mythtv-users] HD-PVR component video

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Sat Jun 7 20:50:19 UTC 2008

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 13:22:38 -0400 steve <sfreilly at roadrunner.com>
wrote:

> Marshall McMullen wrote:
> | ----- "steve" wrote:
> |>
> |> 65" in 2003........ you finish paying off the home equity loan for
> that |> puppy yet lol?
> |
> | Ha, yeah funny story.  I had been scouring the internet trying to
> find the | very lowest price on an HDTV and found this website
> crazyeddie.com that | was selling everything for like half of what it
> was elsewhere.... I still | paid a small fortune (like $5000 ??).  A
> couple of years later I found out | that crazyeddie.com was shut down
> because they were fencing stolen products
> | or something crazy like that.  Anyhow, I still have the TV and it's
> serving
> | me well :-).
> |

> yeah I remember crazyeddie, they had a bunch of stores in jersey
> where I grew up.   Our betamax came from there.  They were
> investigated for years.   It was always quite amusing to see doors
> chained shut every once in a while as well........ they had a thing
> for not paying taxes too.

This is way OT, but it wasn't just tax evasion - he cooked his books,
embezzled, laundered cash and fooled IRS investigators before jumping
ship to Israel when the business (and the stock) tanked.  The only
reason they found out about the fraud was when the company that
bought out the store chain found most of the inventory Eddie
claimed to have didn't exist. They finally nabbed him as part of an
international sting operation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Eddie

Court TV devoted an entire episode of "Masterminds" to the guy.

-Tim

--
CAPS LOCK IS THE CRUISE CONTROL OF AWESOMNESS