[mythtv-users] Reccomend dvd .iso to avi process

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 12:33:30 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 5:38 PM, Nicholas Magers
<Nicholas.Magers at lands.nsw.gov.au> wrote:
> I have lots of dvd copies in .iso format and would like to convert them to
> .avi. Could anyone recommend a process? Thanks.

I assume you want to automate it... if not use dvd::rip. If so the
tricky bit is picking the right title out of the disc. dvd::rip will
choose the longest one by default but that's not automatic. lxdvdrip
can let you specify title 0 which will choose the longest one, but it
doesn't transcode. 'transcode' transcodes (in fact that's what myth
uses internally), but doesn't pick the longest title. You might need
to string together a couple of tools (maybe lsdvd, parse the output
and pass the longest title to transcode?)

or maybe there is an easier way...

vik