[mythtv-users] AppleTV dumb questions...

Sarah Katherine Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Sun Jun 8 16:52:47 UTC 2008

I've been poking around looking for a replacement for my deceased EPIA
MII10K (the cap swap didn't help).  And the AppleTV units seem to be a
runner, admittedly I've a composite/svideo/SCART SD TV so I've begun
looking at the various hacks to bolt it to this (the softmod composite
over green/chroma looks promising).

I'm assuming MythTV can run as an application on the AppleTV, is this
still the case?

One thing I'm worried about is the initial setup of the device, I assume
it won't do anything odd when I wire it up to an SD TV just bring up a
settings screen at some ubiquitus low resolution to allow for wifi
configuration and such?

Any advice from ATV users?  For warned of problems is for armed after
all.