[mythtv-users] Auto power-off of speaker amplifier...

Matt Nelson matt at frozenatom.com
Sun Jun 8 19:14:23 UTC 2008

Ahh, duh!  I use a MCE remote but have the power button programed to power
off my tv.  I am going to see if I can get my MCE ir receiver to pickup the
pioneer tv power off command, then I can have it power off the tv, and the
mythbox will run the script as well.

After thinking about this, I think I am going to have problems picking up
the programmed pioneer power signals, so to simplify it I put a ir
transmitter on the pioneer and reset the mce remote to the default power
button that the receiver will recognize, then set my script to power off/on
the Yamaha receiver, and the Pioneer tv in the same script, and like you did
set it to return mythtv to the "main menu".

Thanks Brad for your direction.

Note: I am also going to see if I can set mythtv's sleep to call this
script, so once sleep is activated on this box it will return mythtv to the
main menu, power on/off the appropriate devices...