[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase taking very long time

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 8 23:27:25 UTC 2008

On Sunday 08 June 2008 23:18:05 John Drescher wrote:
> > I don't know if this normal, but mythfilldatabase on my system (1.8GHz Athlon) using tv_grab_uk_rt set to use 43 channels takes literally hours to run. Running 'top' during this process shows tv_grab_uk_rt and mysqld both using about 50% of the CPU. Is this normal?
> >
> No it is not normal. It should only take a few minutes even on a
> 1.8GHz athlon. Do you have thousands of recorded shows in your
> database? Or perhaps there is corruption in your database that is
> being fixed.

Hmmmm no, I'm still setting the system up and toying with it, so I only have a few recorded shows. But I have been shutting it down and starting it back up again quite a lot, sometimes during recording and once during a mythfilldatabase session when it took so long I thought it had crashed. Is there any way I can check for corruption in my database, or anything I can run which will fix it?

Thanks,

Mark