[mythtv-users] Pop up message while in menus or when using internal player.

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Mon Jun 9 09:16:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, June 9, 2008 2:40 am, Bryan Cromwell wrote:
> Trying to find out if there is a way to pop up a message while in the
> menus
> or when using internal player? I have script that 'watches' for buttons
> pressed on the remote, if nothing is pressed for 2 hours it will put the
> FrontEnd's in sleep mode. I am trying to find a way to popup a message
> letting someone know to press a button if they don't want the FE to go to
> sleep. I know about mythtvosd, but if I recall this only works while
> watching tv.

There must be some way to do this as MythMusic pops up a little message at
the top of the screen when it changes songs and this seems to work in
outside of MythMusic - i.e. when you are looking at pictures in
MythGallery.  I don't know if it is a "public" thing, or internal to Myth
though.

Might be worth looking into the code to see how that works.

Robert.