[mythtv-users] System upgrade - 150 (200) to spend

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 9 12:23:27 UTC 2008

Have a look on ripbay for a guy selling a commell 677 mini itx
system.....his price is way too high but he might take an offer (I'd
say the whole lot's worth about 100ish......maybe 150 absolute
tops).

The board he's selling has inbuilt Intel graphics that support compiz
and will take normal memory stiicks so 2gb or even 4gb is possible.

Good luck.

2008/6/9 Damian <damian at gingermagic.co.uk>:
> Gordon McCrae wrote:
>> Damian wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> It's a LONG time since I built a machine and I'm completely out of touch
>>> with recent technology so I'd really appreciate some advice on upgrading
>>> my Myth system.
>>>
>>> Current system:
>>> 1.2 Gig Athlon CPU
>>> 512 mb memory
>>> Abit KT7-raid motherboard
>>> Nvidia 5200 graphics card with DVI out
>>> 300Gb IDE hard drive
>>> A nice powerful PSU (due to old one needing replacing earlier in the year)
>>> A BenQ W100 projector (native 16:9 resolution - 854x480 - I feed it a
>>> 1280x720 signal)
>>>
>>> Reason for upgrade:
>>> Computer can't cope with the latest version of Ubuntu and I want to
>>> stick with Ubuntu/Mythbuntu to provide me with an easy(ish) path to
>>> keeping up to date with MythTV.
>>>
>>> What needs upgrading:
>>> CPU (+fan)
>>> Motherboard