[mythtv-users] MPAA wants to stop DVRs from recording some movies

Marshall McMullen marshall.mcmullen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 14:45:00 UTC 2008

Saw this article on arstechnica this morning (via Digg) regarding MPAA wanting to introduce greater
control over end-user ability to record select movies:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080608-mpaa-wants-to-stop-dvrs-from-recording-some-movies.html

I wonder what the effect of something like this would be on recent devices like HD-PVR that exploit the
analog hole.  I would assume the HD-PVR would pass on any stream unmodified, thus any copy control
encoded into the stream would remain intact.  How would this affect MythTV... ?