[mythtv-users] nfs sharing.

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 16:33:21 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 11:39 PM,  <robbinsck1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I messed around for a bit today and mounted my 1tb drive to /var/lib/mythtv/videos
>
> Then I changed all the machines to use that directory for ripping movies. I quickly found out that broke all the frontends from ripping because they don't have that directory structure. What do I put in the fe path? Would it be //dad-desktop/var/lib/mythtv/videos?

One other note:  As others have pointed out, in order to make the
frontend's use the same directory path as the backend, you have to
create an empty /var/lib/mythtv/videos directory on the frontends and
mount the backends /var/lib/mythtv/videos to that.

However it would be better to use a subdirectory below
/var/lib/mythtv/video for ripping.  The reason for this is that, if
for some reason your NFS fails to mount on the frontend, it's better
for the rip to fail (because it will be unable to find the
subdirectory) than to have it rip to your empty /var/lib/mythtv/video,
potentially filling up your OS partition or the like.

Tom