[mythtv-users] HD-PVR weirdness

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Tue Jun 10 04:07:49 UTC 2008

Ive heard that the latest vlc cvs build will play the
saved stream. but reading the stream directly I havent
found.

Brian Wood <beww at beww.org>, said on Mon Jun 09, 2008 [10:05:10 PM]:
} On Monday 09 June 2008 21:43:04 Justin Kim wrote:
} > At 8:35 PM -0700 6/9/08, Steve Heistand wrote:
} > >what are you using to "view" the stream?
} > >the bypass or the usb stream?
} > >would like to test mine for heat issues but didnt want to
} > >have to install sagetv to see if I have an overheating issue.
} >
} > I'm using the included TotalMedia Extreme running in an XP Paralells
} > VM on my Macbook Pro.
} >
} > Stream is still going strong, ice packs slowly melting :)
}
} Something is definitely amiss with that particular unit. I've had one running
} for about 9 hours now, made a few 1 hour recordings and watched in preview
} all the time. This is with a PC (AMD FX60) and the included software.
}
} The unit is slightly warm, not even as warm as my sat receiver or any other
} piece of consumer electronics usually gets. This is with it sitting on a
} carpet, so I'm not even getting the lower airflow.
}
} If anyone has a way to view the stream via Linux I'd appreciate a pointer or
} two :-)
}
} beww
} mythtv-users mailing list