[mythtv-users] Audio tuning advice needed

Lonnie Borntreger myth at borntreger.com
Tue Jun 10 07:37:06 UTC 2008

Got a question dealing with the tuning of the capture - as related to
the audio part.

Occasionally, a show will "pump the volume" and it results in "choppy"
audio... kind of like something is "clamping" the level.... like a
automatic gain control.  Is there something I can change in the stream
encoding options in MythTV to eliminate this, or is it completely
hardware/driver related?

Oh, I have all PVR-500s (one Philips, one Samsung) - but they both have
this same issue.  Like I said, it doesn't happen often, but it's really
annoying when it does.

Thanks,
Lonnie Borntreger