[mythtv-users] MythArchive totally screwed up after update to 0.21

Torsten Crass torsten.crass at bioinf.med.uni-goettingen.de
Tue Jun 10 11:06:58 UTC 2008

Paul,

thanks for your detailed reply!

> One of the differences between 0.20 and 0.21 is the storage groups which
> allows more than one recording directory to be created. That changes the
> way recordings are handled in MythArchive. In 0.20 the script just
> needed the recordings file names because they where all stored in the
> same directory.In 0.21 it now requires the full path and file name
> because they could be stored in any of the storage group directories.

But how exactly *does* mythburn.py (0.21) get the full path of a TV
recording file? Printing out the value stored in "mediafile" right
before the doesFileExist call just yields the recording's file name, not
its full path.

> You must still have some old (pre 0.21)  archive items in the
> archiveitems table that don't have the full path. Run this query in
> mysql to remove all the old items and start with a clean table.
>
> TRUNCATE archiveitems;

You're absolutely right, I kept some archive items while upgrading, and
it was those I tried to burn. I'll do as you suggest and delete them.

> When you first run ProjectX it does run the GUI showing you a licence
> agreement that you have to agree to before projectx will run. It should
> only do it once though so long as it can create it's config file. Not
> sure where it writes it probably your HOME directory.

Ah, right, that's what I guessed. The only weird thing is that (I think)
I already had run ProjectX as mythtv user some time ago, already
confirming its licence.

But anyway. I'll give it another try tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again --

	tcrass