[mythtv-users] Map Unavailable in Mythweather?

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Tue Jun 10 14:05:07 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Jun 9, 2008, at 12:52 PM, Mike LaPlante wrote:
>
>> Dr. Doug L. Hoffman wrote:
>>> Has anyone else been getting timeouts on US weather map downloads in
>>> mythweather? This started a few days ago. The other screens are
>>> populated with data but the map is missing.
>>
>> I couldn't even get MythWeather to find maps for my zip code or area.
>> DFW is pretty small town though, maybe larger metroplexes have better
>> luck.  :-/
>
> Animated maps and most (if not all) of the static ones aren't listed
> by zip/city. Leave the search box blank and search for everything.
> You'll get a list of stuff by region of the US. Pick your region of
> the US from the search results. Took me a while to figure that one
> out. :)

No kidding.  Took me a while also.

On a related note though, has anyone figured out an easy way to add
additional zoomed in maps to 0.21?

A favorite past-time of people in Tornado alley is watching the
weather radar to see which way the main part of a storm is tracking.
0.20 showed a much larger map over a much smaller region so that you
could see meaningful stuff.  But the "1800 mile" map in 0.21 is zoomed
so far out that you can barely tell were Dallas is, much less a
particular suburb north of Dallas.  In short, you know there's a
storm, but you really don't know where it is or where its going.

My mythweather animated image also doesn't work via mythweb, but
hopefully it's just the same issue as described a while back on the
user list:

Lastly, is there a way to quiet down the amount of frontend logging
that is captured when background mythweather auto-retrieval is
enabled?

   Marc