[mythtv-users] XvMC does not work on 720p!?

Marc Christensen comments at mecworks.com
Tue Jun 10 15:57:01 UTC 2008

Marc Christensen wrote:
[snip]
> Here's my ffmpeg version info:
> media:~ # ffmpeg -version
> FFmpeg version SVN-r13435, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.

After looking at my installed versions and what's available, I see that
both the VideoLan and Packman repos have ffmpeg and libffmpeg.

I am wondering which one I should be using?  Currently, It looks like
ffmpeg-0.4.9.13435-1.1 from VideoLan is installed.  There are newer
version in both repos at the time:

VideoLan Repository: 0.4.9.13628-1.1
Packman Repository:  0.4.9-10.pm.svn20080512

They are using different versioning methods, so I don't know which one
is newer and apart from that, I don't know if one is more stable/better
than the other.

Any experiences with ffmpeg from either?  Should I be using one over the
other?

--
Marc Christensen
http://blog.mecworks.com