[mythtv-users] MPAA wants to stop DVRs from recording some movies

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Jun 10 18:57:48 UTC 2008

> Commercial pirates *aren't* they problem they're trying to solve.

But like I said, this doesn't solve any sort of casual piracy either.
TiVos and cable box DVRs are mostly the ones going to be affected. But
neither of those let you share your recordings. And as for downloading
on bittorrent, those downloads don't originate on those DVRs either.
They typically originate on systems that won't honor the broadcast
flag anyway (myth, non-Vista PCs, or hacked TiVos). Like I said
earlier, this basically stops people from doing things they already
can't do.

--
Ron