[mythtv-users] The file for this recording can not be found

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 12:34:52 UTC 2008

> Tonight I have 2 recordings which are zero size in the Watch
> Recordings screen and when you try to play them there's an error that
> says "The file for this recording can not be found".
>
> PS - I have 2 DVB-T tuners which I have set up to record more than 1
> program at once on each card. I'm on 0.21 stable from ATrpms.

I'm starting to notice this happening more and more now. In fact I've
had 8 recordings fail like this since Friday :(

I thought perhaps one of my DVB-T cards could be faulty but tonight I
had 3 concurrent recordings working on the 2 cards so if it is a fault
it's an intermittent one. According to the logs it looks like "cardid
3, sourceid 1" seems to be a common culprit, but there are also
successful recordings against that card.

Any ideas how I can prevent this from happening? I very much doubt
it's a signal strength issue as I'm direct line of sight of the
broadcast tower.

Regards,
Phill