[mythtv-users] Mobo Advice - 7050/8200/690G/780G ?

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Jun 11 13:22:45 UTC 2008

At 1:43 PM -0400 6/10/08, Steven Adeff wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Dan Wilga
><mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:
>  > I keep X (and Myth) running in 1080p all the time, and it works
>>  almost perfectly with a 5000+ processor. I say "almost" because I
>>  still get a tear during some scenes with fast motion.
>
>UseEvents=True

Unfortunately, that makes no difference, and neither do the vblank
sync options in nvidia-settings. I can cause the location of the tear
to change by forcing Myth to use a different vblank method, such as
RTC or usleep, but it's still there. It's an interesting reverse-Z
shape, kind of like this ASCII art: