[mythtv-users] The file for this recording can not be found

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 16:00:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tonight I have 2 recordings which are zero size in the Watch
>> Recordings screen and when you try to play them there's an error that
>> says "The file for this recording can not be found".
>>
>> PS - I have 2 DVB-T tuners which I have set up to record more than 1
>> program at once on each card. I'm on 0.21 stable from ATrpms.
>
> I'm starting to notice this happening more and more now. In fact I've
> had 8 recordings fail like this since Friday :(
>
> I thought perhaps one of my DVB-T cards could be faulty but tonight I
> had 3 concurrent recordings working on the 2 cards so if it is a fault
> it's an intermittent one. According to the logs it looks like "cardid
> 3, sourceid 1" seems to be a common culprit, but there are also
> successful recordings against that card.
>
> Any ideas how I can prevent this from happening? I very much doubt
> it's a signal strength issue as I'm direct line of sight of the
> broadcast tower.
>
> Regards,
> Phill

Is your problem always with one channel?  If so it actually may be
your local Fox station.  Unless you have some really serious noise,
those  PAT (Program Association Table) errors could be the stations
fault.

For some time I had a local PBS station that wouldn't even lock
because of a bad stream like that, and it was eventually corrected:

...even though a Samsung HD receiver I had was apparently more
forgiving and could pick it up.  This thread has info on how I
debugged their signal using dvdsnoop:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/311737

They may in fact be sending an incorrect PID or something.

Tom