[mythtv-users] please dont yell at me

brian boyle homepvr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 16:42:54 UTC 2008

hey folks.

   I had a hard drive failure this past weekend and need to rebuild my back
end server. I use 4 - 250gig drives in a jbod array (sata 2 drives using the
on board controller that i had to use Linux software raid with). I also run
my own little web site for family purposes (also including mythweb).

  So, based on the above config, what would be your choice for a
Distribution. my front end machine is an Ubuntu box but my back end before
it died was running FC7. I wanted to use Ubuntu but it does not by default
use raid and i would like to continue to use the jbod setup (or perhaps raid
5 if i can talk myself into losing the extra space). i looked at and
downloaded mythdora but i am unfamiliar with it and i am worried it my not
be the best choice for my web server as well.

Lastly i could used Fedora again but i dont have any idea what state the
ATRPMS repos is in for newer releases.

I like everyone else believe my little problem is unique and i did have a
look though the archive but did not see anything that was new enough to
include mythdora and web servers. sorry if i missed a posting that would
have answered my question.

thanks folks