[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase taking very long time

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 18:43:09 UTC 2008

On 11/06/2008, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 June 2008 19:28:32 Nick Morrott wrote:
>  > On 09/06/2008, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>  > You want to run optimize_mythdb.pl to check your database - details
>  > are on the wiki and in the installation docs. If you do have any bad
>  > tables in the database, it should flag them and fix them for you.
>
> Thanks, I have done that and a mythfilldatabase now takes 10 minutes! Marvellous.. sounds like a cron job is needed :)

I have mine set in an early-morning cron job that runs before I run
the grabber and mythfilldatabase populate new TV listings. This should
help to ensure the DB is in a good state before adding new listings.

The Radio Times updates its data daily in the early morning. Running
the tv_grab_uk_rt grabber after 0600 should pick up the most recent
updates for that day.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: