[mythtv-users] Do I gain anything in Myth by upgrading my Graphics card?

peter at vanderwal.us peter at vanderwal.us
Wed Jun 11 13:22:30 UTC 2008

Does anyone make terabyte IDE drives?

FWIW For a myth box I like the Asus M2NVP Mobo.  It has everything except
the capture card.  HDTV output (Nvidia 6150), Hi Def audio with S/PDIF,
SATA (and IDE) supports Athalon 64 X2.  I use sata drives, quiet ones.
Runs relatively cool.
I put a Ninja min cpu cooler on it (fits nicely in the Antec Fusion case).
The thing runs so quiet that you can only hear it if nothing else in the
room is making noise, and even then you have to make a conscious effort to
hear it.

If you get something like the Asus as your next mobo, you won't have to
buy a graphics card.

Even though I'm underclocking the cpu, it still has enough oomph to rip a
DVD, record a TV program, and watch a video off the HD all at the same
time.