[mythtv-users] OT: Motherboards with onboard nvidia and DVI output

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Thu Jun 12 09:44:04 UTC 2008

On Thu, June 12, 2008 10:25 am, Damian wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been looking at the
> ASUS M2N-VM DVI (GeForce7050PV + nForce630a Socket AM2 Motherboard), but
> have been put off it a bit for two reasons. Firstly, I'm reading about
> quite a few people having problems with the on board LAN. Secondly, I
> don't need microATX as I have a fairly big case, so maybe I should get a
> bigger board with more connectors?
> I'm struggling to find other boards with both onboard nvidia and DVI
> output though. Can any of you recommend others? I'm not too concerned
> whether it's AMD or intel based at the moment.
>
> Cheers
> Damian

I've just bought a Gigabyte GS-73PVM-S2H [*] that sounds to be fairly
similar to the ASUS (GeForce 7100 / nForce 630i MCP / Intel 755 / Micro
ATX)  I specifically wanted Intel and MicroATX and two PCI slots which is
why I chose that one.

I've had a bit of fun trying to get the onboard LAN working - I was trying
in Vista before I installed Linux, but never quite got there and gave up!
It seems to work fine under Linux though, which is all I care about -
using the forcedeth driver under a recent kernel.

I've not got as far as testing the graphics yet, but the NVIDIA module
loads and detects the card ok according to dmesg.  I'm pretty sure it has
a DVI connector on the back.

Robert.

[*] :
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-098-GI&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=326&name=Gigabyte%20GA-73PVM-S2H%20GeForce%207100%20Micro-ATX%20(Socket%20775)%20PCI-Express%20DDR2%20Motherboard