[mythtv-users] OT: Grrr Motherboards!

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 12 21:51:06 UTC 2008

Damian wrote:
> but unfortunately, it still only have 2 PCI slots,

Yah, the lack of support fo PCIe tuner could start becoming a problem in
the near future ...

> and it's ATI that's
> on board. My projector took me months and lots of peoples help to get
> working right with the nvidia drivers to I daren't try it with ATI. I
> feel like sticking with nvidia.

I'm thinking just get a PCIe Video card. You don't need a high end one -
my test PC with a 7200GS copes fine with HD content and I can confirm
XvMC works with it, but I don't use it - not needed with the AMD 4200+ CPU.

--
Lindsay
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackpaw1/album