[mythtv-users] Firewire and F8

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 13 00:09:29 UTC 2008

Mitch Gore wrote:

>     OK, so I used the "Delete All Capture Cards" option and got everything
>     back.  Encoder 1 is my Analog portion of the pcHD5500, Encoder 2
>     is the
>     Digital portion, and Encoder 3 is the Firewire from my DCT-3412
>     STB.  I
>     have the Firewire setup to use Broadcast @ 100mbps.  However, there is
>     one strange thing that I can't seem to find an answer to:  when I
>     switch
>     to a channel on Firewire, the audio is about 2 or 3 seconds ahead
>     of the
>     video.  I tried searching Gossamer threads but didn't see anything,
>     although it IS possible that I missed it.
>
>     Any ideas?  I'm SOOOO close now! :-)
>
>     Thanks,
>     Harry
>

> Is your system being taxed?  That could cause issues.  Another thing
> to try is record a show via the firewire then try and play the file in
> mplayer.  This will let us know if we should focus on Myth or the
> Firewire connection.  (more than likely myth)
>
> Also,  Do you have extra audio buffering enabled?
>
> Mitchell

When I was letting my connection play for a while earlier, I had top
running via an SSH session and it was only up to around 33% while the
audio and video were mismatched.  I was able to use test-mpeg2 to
capture a stream and play it with mplayer a week or so ago, so I think
the connection's good.  I also went thru every Speed setting in the
capture card setup (P2P/100mbps; Broadcast/100mbps; P2P/200mbps; etc.)
but it didn't improve.  Most times I got that "You should've gotten a
lock by now" error message.

I'm not sure where the extra audio buffering setting is, so I'm not
really sure.

Thanks,
Harry