[mythtv-users] Linux software raid question

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 15:11:46 UTC 2008

With all this discussion of hardware vs software raid and my position
of using software raid under linux I would like to make a distinction.
My positive view of software raid does not carry over to windows and
specifically nvidia nvraid. I have found far too many performance and
reliability problems with nvraid to make it comparable to hardware
raid. In this case I would recommend 3ware or other similar hardware
raid solutions.

John